Gossipping!

THUD! It hit me like a missile. For a moment, darkness spread into my eyes, I lost footing, but finally managed stay firm on ground. He thinks its funny, throwing stuff at me like that. I wish one day I could stand up tall against him and spit it all out on his face. But I know I can’t. Never, ever.

Let me introduce the other characters of this house. There are three of them. Let’s call them X1, X2 and X3, for the sake of obscurity. The three of them live in the house, with me. And I, am the waste bin, to say it straight without any pretensions. I sit, or stand, or whichever way you prefer to call it, in a dark corner of the room, in front of the wash basin and the mirror. I wish I could walk up and claim my rightful place in the house, which I would prefer to be, in the center of the room. But since I don’t have limbs, or those who have, won’t bother to do me that favor, I end up sulking in this dark corner. They do take me, occasionally out, into the sun. And I love it. Oh don’t get the wrong idea, Im not one of those idiotic romantic types who start melting when they hear the chirping of a bird or feel the warmth of the sun etc… I don’t give a shit for all those. I love it because when they take me outside, they clean me up of all their shit. And keep me back in my own private tropical island. Squeaky clean, glistening, just ready to take in more crap. Ah, life’s good!

I could go on for days about crap if I start, I guess when it comes to crap, there is no one better educated than me. But I guess you folks won’t really be interested, folks are always interested in gossip about other folks’ lives, which I think is crap anyway. Stuff like - X3 checks out his receding hairline 30 minutes everyday in front of the mirror. X1 thinks X25 is an asshole. And X2 stares into the mirror like he can see the other side. That’s the kind of stuff folks are interested in.

Like this one day, all of them were having some booze party, there were noises and laughter all around, and I was getting so damn tired of all this hullabaloo when I found a dark shadow approaching. It was X2, he came and stood in front of the mirror, silently for a long time, I suspect he was crying. But I just heard him roaring with laughter minutes ago. Then, just like he came, he went and joined the laughter. I don’t understand these folks. Maybe some of you reading might be able to make some sense out of all these. What’s that goon X1 doing when he stands staring at himself on end, sometimes talking some mumbo-jumbo I can’t make out? He strikes me as pretty edgy at times. But he’s okay when he’s with others. Thank god he’s stopped examining his bulging biceps these days, for, they don’t bulge anymore (in that location, but elsewhere), and any effort on his part to make them bulge is only likely to escape as rear-gas. Yuck! And to think I stand right in the firing line. Folks are so obsessed with their biceps, their hair, their tummies, and their… oh forget it! We didn’t quite talk about X3 did we? We will, on another occasion.

Another THUD!

***Goes silent****

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope the bin will be taken out to sunshine soon ,along with all the dust in the room :-).
x2, please do that

--ch
Anonymous said…
You must be happy, X2 has started writing about you! ;-)

-n

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

The price of development