Two days in geektown

6:30 AM, somewhere in Tamilnadu
I slowly turned my cramped neck to discover that it was raining. Without any second thought, clipped on the ipod and played Mark Knopfler. Knopfler started off by 'post cards fom Paraguay'. Lovely song. It cheered me up instantly. And I chose to ignore happy faces of folks along the road going through their daily rituals, this and that on public display.

Ch called in, "Where have you reached?" I put all my geographical, cartographical and anthropological skills to practice, did some quick scan of the surroundings and declared "40 minutes and I'll be there". That was when the first hole appeared.

10:15 AM, Madiwala bus stop
The hole was in fact, a pot-hole. And it was the first among the Thousand three hundred and twenty three more I was about to encounter that morning. Not your normal pot-hole that you see on the road every day…, each was just a bit short of being qualified to be called a well or a pond. Despite the great maneuvering abilities of the Volvo which put to shame some bikers who were also trying to avoid those holes, the bus took a good two hours more to cross the TN-Karnataka border. Ch came and picked me up, and I demanded his helmet the next instant. It was not the cold, but the dust that scared me. And I was on a diet of antibiotics and cough-drops for sinus infection, for the past 6 days.

12:15 PM, Indira Nagar.
Having treated myself to a sumptuous breakfast, I stepped out of Ch's house along with SnM, to find two familiar, smiling faces at the doorstep! Surprise, joy, smiles, and quick exchange of pleasantries with A and S, and we(me and SnM) were off, to Nandi hills in R’s blue Unicorn, which looked like it could use a good splash of water.
I was told Nandi hills was just about an ordinary hilly place. But, the climate made it look extraordinary that day!

12:55 PM, New Hyderabad Road
"Watchout, dude!" SnM called from behind. I turned around with a start and saw this lovely face, looking angrily at me!....
--to be concluded

Comments

Anonymous said…
and..
The last picture was good. A very innocent look on its face.
Unknown said…
Sreejith: Don't be mislead. The intentions where not so innocent... I almost got bumped in my ass!

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

The price of development