A perfect start to the week!


It took about 38 Megatonnes of will and 5 snoozes on the alarm and 2 phone calls to make me lumber myself out of bed today, limp towards the bathroom, spend a rather unsuccessful 15 minutes there, and treat myself with a bone-chilling bath at 3 am in the morning. Am no masochist, mind you, all this because Sydney runs four and half hrs ahead of us. And my client happens to be there.

So I drive 27 kms to office, kill two toads and almost kill a cyclist on the road, sing aloud with Alanis Morissette to keep myself from dozing off while driving, reach a deserted and ghostly looking office (duh! I need more choices in life, I sure do) and wonder why there aint been a call on my mobile yet, despite I being 10 minutes late for the meeting...I will most surely sleep off in the meeting, coz I was late to bed yesterday, after having a rather harrowing experience in trying to reach home in an overcrowded KSTRC superfast. With all this conflicting deliberations in my mind, I open my calendar, to discover that the 5-day early-morning exercise planned for this week is from Tuesday to Saturday, not Monday to Friday!

Amen!

Comments

SNM said…
OMG! Thats devastating! How could you forgive yourself?
Unknown said…
By writing a post abt it! :D
Anonymous said…
That doesn't sound like your planet :)
-n
Anonymous said…
My sympathies...Luv the pic btw .
Unknown said…
n : O pls! Anything but Sympathy!
Mrs. Dalloway said…
Kashtam! :(

I've done something on the other side though. I've made my client come in to work early- accidently of course! The poor fellow came in at 5 in the morning coz of an interview I'd scheduled! I was quite belligerent when he told me, "Excuse me if I sound a tad sleepy. Its very early out here."

And I thought, "Yeah yeah! We stay late n wake up early to accomodate you guys. Once in a while if you come in to work at 8, it isn't that big a deal!"

I should have stopped with my assumptions. I extended it a bit n asked him, "Would you want to grab something to eat and then talk?"

He said, "I don't have much of an appetite at 5 in the morning my girl!"

That's when I almost died in horror!
rākeśvara said…
Oh that sucks big time dude. So u dozed off at office? Must be. I would have atleast.
Anonymous said…
okies ..i retract the sympathies
:P
Unknown said…
poornima :He he!

Still I think the phirangis really do make a fuss about it when they have to accomodate a bit of wee hours.

raka :U bet!

~n :Thank you! :)
Anonymous said…
ouch... and then wat did u do? besides cursing everything in the vicinity that is...
Unknown said…
Hey max, thanks for dropping by. I did the most reasonable thing to do. I slept.
Anonymous said…
Do, Mr B, am here after ages and has this place changed. That is SO SAD! Okay no sympathies pakshe really!

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

When it rains...