when the rainclouds paused for a while...

There are no rain pictures this week! Because it has been raining incessantly for the past 48 hours or so... So I cant go out and take a rain picture. I cant go out and take a rain picture when its not raining either. Catch 22!

Anyways, there's been this wonderful sight that has been raising my hormone levels whenever I go to drop my sister in college. Naah, its not girls am talking about, I have grown out of it(pretension, nevermind!) Its the lush green paddy fields on the way. So I took a calculated risk, and ventured out with my bike, when the rain seemed shying away for while today afternoon...

I took a deviation from the main road, and I wasn't disappointed at all. There was this narrow pot-holed road lined on either side with trees, and beyond them lay the vast expanse of green green paddy fields.

***click on the images to enlarge


Two women were cutting grass to feed cattle. They would have made a pretty picture. I contemplated walking upto them and asking for a picture. But then, they began eying me suspiciously. And I suddenly realized that something has upset the fine balance of this perfect calmness here, and it was nothing but me, in my bright red T shirt and bike, with the camera... duh! I dropped the idea and backed out.


Walking around clicking pictures of totally unsuspecting subjects sounds like a good idea. Only thats it is tough to put it into practice. I walked around, totally lost in the beauty of the place around me and having confronted with the problem of plenty. Timidness too, if you insist.

There is something with red clothes and cattle. Bullfights and matadors com
e to mind, but, here, it was a harmless buffalo, who seemed intimidated (or maybe just irritated) by all the sudden attention. I hung around until it began bellowing.


And yeah, my parked bike looked absolutely gorgeous amidst all the greenery. Won't you agree?



And before I sign off, here's another attempt at creating an HDR. This one from the office parking-lot again...

Comments

silverine said…
Those deep greens...beautiful. Where is this place?

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

When it rains...