One evening in the life of...

The evening sun reflected upon the ripples of the lake, making a million golden ringlets. The mackerel-sky began to acquire a color which was a quaint mixture of yellow, grey and pink, or ethereal, in one word. I walked to the edge of the lake where my friend was sitting, facing the sun. A big flock of geese flew past, like fighter-planes in formation.

“See those birds? Winter is here in a week!” I told him.

“I don’t want to dismantle that tent. That’s such a sexy tent and I want to make love to it all winter!”

“Spare me, I’ve got my girl in town. And I can’t go without beer for more than 2 weeks”

“You’re not thinking of flying home, are you?”

“What home?”

He laughed out loud. And snapped the line out of water, and it had one big fish caught in the hook ! It jumped around in the grass, spraying water and mud all over, trying to make its way back to water. Couple of jumps later, it lost direction, couple of jumps more, and it lost interest as well. It just lay there still, breathing gently through the gills, ready to embrace death, waiting for the atmospheric oxygen to kill it.


“Are you any closer?” He began prodding me again.

“Closer to what?”

“The truth, Nirvana.”

“You know what, the day I find out, I am gonna come here, I want my body buried in this lake”

“You got it!”

I caught a rhythmic whirr from a distant engine. It rose and fell with the gentle tides of the lake. He began singing, somehow managing to match the rythm. And after a while, the light appeared, around the hill in distance.

“Ah, here comes the rescue-party!”

“Game over! Go and make your Russian dame happy!”

We walked towards the tent, and began packing stuff...

Comments

SNM said…
“You know what, the day I find out, I am gonna come here, I want my body buried in this lake”

I'd say, "The day I find out, I am gonna come here, I want my body buried in these mountains"
Anonymous said…
The evening was a continuation of Gec days?..
Unknown said…
Somewhere in the Russian-Japanese border. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

The price of development