peevish...just!

I started this post as a comparison between now and then. Then being the time immemorial when I was leading the lazy spoiled bachelor life in a town far away from my home. And now being, ugh, no, don't get me wrong. I am still single for Pete's sake. Now I stay at home. Just.

Which means there is the bed coffee, folded sheets, pressed clothes, good healthy food, mother's love and a multitude of other comforts which just escapes me at the moment. But it also means, there are no cigarettes, no rumbled and soiled sheets, no stuff thrown around untidily in the room, no magazines to rummage through before I could find one to go to the toilet with, no bad food, no noisy bowels, no headaches due to hangover...

I woke up in the morning today and saw mom buying fish from a vendor, in a boat, in the river. Took my camera and took a picture, immediately, and settled down to read the newspaper with coffee in one hand, in the balcony, facing the river. How peaceful is that? A little too much perhaps? I miss all the noise, all the aberrations of not finding the right things at the right place. I miss all the fun of being difficult to live. Consider this, I cant even skip a meal now! I am being finicky, I know. But I am. Just for the time being.

Just that I needed to complain about something

Comments

SNM said…
Man,man... You are getting too much luxury in your life...
Anonymous said…
Ohh Boy.. tats exactly wat am missing nw... :(
duuuuuuuude...savour the moment...u will long for this later ;O)
Anonymous said…
sigh... home sweet home...

Potato
Unknown said…
snm: Isn't it wierd, but perfectly logical that one longs for what one doesnt have...
Anon: And your life is probably what I am missing now.. :D
LiT: Savoring, with a pinch of salt. I'd have given a limb for a round yesterday evening! :((
potato: Yes, knocked off by the overwhelming sweetness!
Anonymous said…
and wat i wud gve to trade for t role change...
Anonymous said…
do B, comp vangiyo? good to see you back in action. Ayyo action nalla world alle?
Anonymous said…
pic evide?
Unknown said…
Indu: Nop, not yet, will upload pics after I get a pc.
Anonymous said…
Ber arr yoo posteeng frem?

~n
Unknown said…
n: yeah, they did rethink. from work.
SNM said…
Isn't it time you change your location in your profile?
Unknown said…
hehe, thanks snm
Anonymous said…
How blind we become ;-)

- P

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

The price of development