A small step taken

...this is not my planet...

Well thats what's written on top of the page. But it's a big fat lie, as the more alert/intelligent reader would have noticed. It is very much, and I love it.

Well so much for a very "hip and cool" statement. Not just. I've done my part..You know, I always watch and follow the environment related news with keen interest. Discovery/National geographic is my favourite channel. I don't throw litter around...well if you ask me, If the insistence of not littering becomes too overbearing upon my comfort and poise, I do, occasionally. And, I don't consider cigarette stubs as litter.

That was a great paragraph about how passively inactive one can get while being in the cozy comfort zone of being an "aware" person. I did manage to change all that.

I became a member of
Greenpeace yesterday. Too verbose for such a simple thing? Yes. Very much! To be honest, it makes me mighty proud!!!


Now I have a chance to do my part, quite different from the "part" I've been playing so far. :)

Comments

mowgz said…
And u think, you get paid for not littering(or, cleaning up the litter) ?? Was that when u decided to join Greenpeace ??? :D
Unknown said…
Yes! ***Dons a halo*** I get rewarded... If you know what I mean!
Anonymous said…
lol. I was just thinking while clicking on the go button to reach your blog, why you would want to say this is not your planet. Coincidence.

And what does a greenpeacian do?

Aside: I have a beautiful calendar on my desk, which a Greenpeace volunteer gave me for listening to him speak. It says "Save Indian Rice From Genetic Modification!". It has a red tikka, probably made with paint in the center, on which one grain of rice has been glued on.

~N
Unknown said…
Well...

The Greenpeace is currently focussed on three issues in the Indian context.

1. 26 potential bhopals - Have been identified across the country, one of which is in our own backyard - Eloor.

2. Unhealthy exploitation of marine resources - along the Indian coastline, to advocate a sustainable resource utlization model

3. GM - Vested interests and BioTech companies are going ahead with their reckless dirty games with nature, and this situation is highly unchecked in our country.

As far as actions - you know, education, awareness campaign, protests and if not anything else, agitations and other preventive measures. Ah! that sounds almost like a naxalite speech, but GP is 100% vegetarian.

They also have some interesting activities like the Arctic expedition which I would like to go on some day. :)
Anonymous said…
Hmm but what does a greenpeacian do?
~N
Unknown said…
:)

Got your q. He pays a monthly amount to make the thing work, for one. He contributes voluntarily to any of their activities... The former is not voluntary, though...

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

The price of development