Sympathy for the devil

I went through another one of those 10-ways-to-improve-your-habits web-page today. It's amazing how cheap advices can get. As children, you got it from every other grown up whose midriff you had just bumped into, and they performed it with quite an amount of dutiful alacrity too... To hold you in her/his lap and shower you with tips on a wide variety of topics ranging from how to keep your bookshelf clean to stop peeing in your knickers. And If I had known the fact there wont be any distinguishable fall in the rate of advices I get as a grown-up nowadays per week, contrary to my belief, I'd have quit growing up right then. They come in every form and every color every hour. From the good-will-forward-mail I was talking about at the start of this paragraph to stupid video jockeys trying to fake some alien creature incapable of uttering normal human parlance.

The best thing about those advices is, they are never timed properly. They never appeal to your senses when they should. I did not have to ransack my grey cells trying to understand why "cigarette smoking is injurious to health" when I was a kid. And now, after all these years, it is quite plain why romancing my classmate secretly while in 3rd standard wasn't such a bright idea. The very fact that something should be the way it should be, says that it isn't. Period. Simple. If everything was, what a dull place this would be? That's my advocacy towards the little vices and sins of life. I am not quite sure the hell, as they has been tempting the human race with for ages where you get dirt cheap wine and unbounded sex(without having to worry for AIDS) exists anymore. That's my excuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many many happy returns of the day? Maybe not!

Puttum Kadalayum

The price of development